It sure doesn’t look and feel like spring, but the 2018 Spring Parade of Homes is right around the corner! The Spring Parade is presented by The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (HBA) and is sponsored by Stewart Title. Every year, thousands of area homeowners tour the Spring Parade for the latest in home design and construction. Therefore, the annual event has become highly anticipated and kicks the already hot spring buying season into full-on overdrive! Homeowners looking to upgrade to a larger home, downsize to a smaller one or just browsing for design ideas will be sure to find lots of inspiration.
The Spring Parade of Homes hours
The event runs April 28 through May 13, 2018. Homes will be open from 11 a.m to 6 p.m with free admission. You can pick up a guide outside the HBA at I-435 and Holmes or at any of the homes on the Parade.
Harvesters Hammer Out Hunger
This year, the HBA is partnering with Harvesters to Hammer Out Hunger — more specifically childhood hunger — during the summer months. From April until the end of the Spring Parade the HBA will be accepting non-perishable food items at its headquarters at 103rd and I-435 as well as donations at its website.
The Spring Parade of Homes goes mobile
The HBA has made it easy to find your favorite homes and map your route! There are apps available for download on both Android and Apple. Here’s what you can do and expect from the app, and these features sound totally amazing!
- Browse the homes and their features, choose your favorites and build a custom tour with driving directions.
- Quick access to the most important features to help you find homes fast with the most up-to-date information available.
- Advanced Search: Search for homes by location, subdivision, price range, style, amenities and much more.
- Use the interactive map to see the entire parade at a glance. View and navigate to homes directly from the map.
- Quickly find homes that are closest to you. Sort the homes by distance from where you are currently to save time.
- Save your favorite homes and the app will create an optimized GPS route to get you from house to house the most efficient way.
- View the award winning homes after they are announced. Search to quickly find the the winners.
If you’re a desktop person, no worries. You can still search by location, price range, builder, subdivision, school district, etc. using this link. As of now, there are 373 entries!*images and information provided by https://kchba.org/kc-parade-of-homes/spring/