Thanksgiving is a great opportunity for us to reflect on how grateful we are.We are blessed with the best clients in the world and we are honored to share in your most important and memorable moments! The day you close on and move into your new home isn’t one you’ll ever forget. Thank you for trusting us to help you, whether you are buying, selling or both. Your home purchase is likely the biggest purchase of your life and we’re honored to be a small part of it. We have many repeat clients, and it truly is fun seeing you move to different properties as you enter different stages of your lives!We are blessed with the hardest-working real estate team around. Each person on our Cami Jones Collaborative team demonstrates on a daily basis how she will go the extra mile to make it all happen. We support one another and cheer on each other’s successes — what a team! If you’re new to Kansas City, just ask around. People know that with Cami Jones Collaborative, you’ll get knock-your-socks-off customer service from the first time we meet until long after your closing date!We are thankful for our amazing city. Kansas City is home to so many wonderful people, unique neighborhoods, awesome restaurants, terrific sports teams and so much more. It’s so much fun introducing out-of-town transplants to KC- we know you’ll love it as much as we do!We are thankful for good health, families and friends. Without these, nothing else matters!Wishing you and yours a wonderful, restful holiday and a great long weekend! Happy Thanksgiving! Congratulations to our local high schools that are playing for football state championship titles! Good luck!
Tag: Jones-Plattner & Associates
Once you’ve made the decision to sell your home, you set into motion even more decisions. It makes good sense to enlist the help of a seasoned real estate professional. You use professionals for many aspects of your life; bankers, builders, repairmen, stockbrokers, educators, etc. Why take a chance when it comes to one of your most important investments? Use a skilled and objective negotiator in what can be an emotionally-charged experience. What can you expect? -We’ll work together on the timing of the listing. When to put your home on the market is an important decision, and we’ll come armed with historical data for your neighborhood and the local market in general.-We’ll help you get your home ready to sell. We’ll point out updates that will net you the biggest bang for your buck, and discuss pre-inspections and other potential areas of concern.-We’ll help you get to the “right” listing price. Experienced Realtors®, like our team members at Cami Jones Collaborative, bring pricing expertise, negotiating skills, and market access to the table- and can often land you a higher selling price as a result. We know the ins and outs of the local market, what it will bear and what the comps are. Pricing right is everything!-We’ll help you stand out and get noticed. You want your home to have maximum exposure to as many potential buyers as possible. This exposure includes professional marketing (online and offline) materials, hosted open houses, and regular communication with buyers’ agents.-We’ll help you negotiate and close the deal!Let our team help you! We make the listing process easy and will have you on the road to selling your beautiful home in no time! Give us a call today! You can reach Cami Jones at 913.521.8809.
ReeceNichols Overland Park Office is partnering with local The Shadow Buddies Foundation, to provide 200 children at Children’s Mercy with a personal “Buddy.” Each Buddy mimics the child’s illness, i.e.) a Buddy with an insulin pump will go to a diabetic child or a Day Surgery Buddy will go to a child having outpatient surgery. They are valuable when used as teaching tools as well useful for friends and family.How is Cami Jones Collaborative going to help? Each Buddy costs $20 to make for a child. With your $20 donation, you will be helping support a child through their difficult time.
According to an article in yesterday’s Kansas City Business Journal, WalletHub’s “Best Real Estate Market” report puts Overland Park, KS head-and-shoulders above other communities in the metro. Overland Park, with its population of 188,966, ranked No. 18 in the new study. The study included 300 U.S. cities.So what was measured? KCBJ’s Andrew Vaupel points out that two overall dimensions were examined, “real estate market” and “affordability and economic environment,” and specific metrics in each dimension included the following.
Real estate market
- home value forecast
- percentage of homes underwater
- average number of days until a house is sold
- percentage of homes selling for a gain
- median home-price appreciation
- home sales turnover rate
- rent-to-sale price ratio
- foreclosure rate
- mortgage delinquency rate
- number of bank-held homes
- vacancy rate
- the point at which buying a home becomes less expensive than renting the same home
- percent of homes built between 2010 and 2015
- building-permit activity
Affordability and economic environment
- housing affordability
- maintenance affordability
- population growth rate
- job growth rate
- unemployment rate
- underemployment rate
- median credit score
This comes as no surprise to us; we have moved thousands of clients to Overland Park over the years. It is coveted for its affordability, proximity to jobs, terrific schools (Overland Park residents attend Blue Valley, Shawnee Mission, Olathe and Spring Hill public schools), quality of life and more. Contemplating a move? Get in touch with us today! Call us at 913-402-2550, or if email’s your thing…message us here! Thanks from everyone at Cami Jones Collaborative.
You may have seen Cami’s listing in south Overland Park that is a finalist in the HGTV Ultimate House Hunt 2017 contest! (Hurry- online voting ends July 18, click here to vote! You’ll want to scroll down to the “Eat-in Kitchen with Dual Dining Areas” entry.) If this gorgeous home has piqued your interest…we want to share our current luxury property and estate listings with you.Our team of experts serves buyers and sellers at all price points; from the first-time home buyer to those looking for the finest luxury properties in the area. Our team members provide the same stellar customer service and attention to detail for each and every one of our clients.These exceptional homes represent the finest in luxury and craftsmanship.
The HGTV Ultimate House Hunt contest opens TODAY! Don’t miss your chance to vote online for Cami Jones‘ listing, 10706 W. 164th Terr in Overland Park, in the Kitchen + Dining category. It’s the ONLY #KC listing in the contest! The luxury home is being recognized on a national level and voting just started today!VOTE HERE: http://www.hgtv.com/…/2017-ultimate-house-hu…/kitchen-diningThis contest is only open to companies affiliated with Leading Real Estate Companies of the World and Luxury Portfolio International. ReeceNichols is the only Kansas City Brokerage part of the RE. Cami’s listing is representing KC Real Estate.This stunning home is located 10706 W. 164th Terrace in Overland Park’s The Farm at Garnet Hill.
The summer buying season is in full swing! If you’re looking to move, chances are your Realtor will host an Open House to show off your property. There are several things you can do to ensure that it’s looking its best…and maximize your chances of reeling in a quick offer!
- Clean everything. And then clean it again! Don’t just straighten. Dust light fixtures, blinds and wash the baseboards. Make sure the windows sparkle! Make sure the shower door sparkles! You want to get top dollar for your home, and curb appeal on the outside coupled with a sparkling inside will go miles toward getting you there.
- Declutter everything. Potential buyers don’t want to see your stacks of mail, newspapers and your children’s school work. Pull things off the refrigerator, clear off those kitchen counters and coffee tables. Family photos on the tabletops or countertops? Put ’em away. You want buyers to imagine themselves living in their NEW home, with their belongings! The less of your stuff they see…the more this is possible!
- Think about fresh flowers. Flowers set a wonderful mood. A bud vase on your bedroom nightstand coupled with fresh flowers in the kitchen makes a great statement!
- Have pets? Figure out what to do with them during the open house! Nothing will turn a buyer off faster than a) a house that smells of its pet, and b) a pet that is present during the showing. Again, you want the buyers to imagine themselves in your property, so if you are at all able, send the pet(s) to a neighbor, or to pet day care or let them drive around in the car with you during the showing!
- Don’t forget to turn on the lights and angle the blinds so natural light comes in! Light makes everything look brighter and really sets a stage for your showing. If you’ve cleaned and done everything we’ve recommended, you will want to show off every nook and cranny!
TheCami Jones Collaborativeis anxious to meet with and help you make your listing a success! Give us a call today! You can reach Cami Jones at 913.206.2410
Whether you already live in Overland Park or are planning to move there in the near future, it’s a terrific city and we move a lot of real estate there! It’s no wonder- the city ranks high on many lists for livability, affordability and culture. With an estimated population of 187,699 and a location only 20 minutes from downtown Kansas City, it’s easy to see why so many call on us to help make Overland Park their home!
- The Schools. Overland Park residents enjoy a high quality of life. As the city grows older, it is becoming increasingly diverse, and that diversity adds to an amazing public school system. The Blue Valley School District serves most of Overland Park, and all 5 Blue Valley high schools made it onto the Washington Post’s list of most challenging high schools in the U.S., as well as onto the Newsweek list of top American public high schools. Blue Valley SAT scores routinely exceed the national and state averages—sometimes by as much as 300-400 points (ReeceNichols.com).
- The Sports. Overland Park is home to the nationally-recognized Scheel’s Soccer Complex, which boasts 12 lighted, regulation size synthetic turf fields and offers a cooling system to control the temperature of the turf plus many more amenities. The city hosts tournaments year-round. Topgolf is a new golf entertainment experience, and folks can enjoy the 102 climate-controlled hitting bays, a restaurant, and 3 bars year-round! Blue Valley Recreation recently opened a new Recreation Center at Hilltop on 143rd Street. The 100,000+ square foot facility offers fitness classes, basketball and volleyball leagues, practices and open court, dance classes, special populations activities, enrichment programs, pickleball, and 55 GO (ages 55 and up) programs offered along with drop-in facility usage.
- The Business Opportunities. It’s home to many large employers (think Sprint, YRC Worldwide and Black & Veatch, for example). Technology continues to drive the make-up of the businesses in many different industries such as healthcare, financial services, and marketing, with College Boulevard serving as a main artery for many businesses.
- The Outdoors. Overland Park has a wonderful Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, which even has spectacular programming in the winter. In addition, there are many biking and walking trails, and many neighborhoods boast their own paths and lakes. Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead is a real highlight, and draws visitors from all over the metro. The Farmstead is open daily, April 1- October 31, and has nearly 200 animals and birds of prey, vegetable and flower gardens, a one-room country schoolhouse, an old-time fishing pond, pony rides and more.
- The Food. Overland Park (like all of Kansas City!) has become a destination for foodies. The city boasts a ton of delicious Indian restaurants and ethnic markets, and other favorites include Jack Stack Barbeque (95th & Metcalf), J. Gilbert’s Wood-Fired Steaks (92nd & Metcalf), SPIN Neapolitan Pizza (multiple locations) and Q39 (second location coming soon to College Blvd and Antioch).
There’s lots to love- give us a call today and we’ll help you find your dream home in Overland Park!
We are often asked why someone should use a Realtor® when putting their home on the market. Probably the most-often heard argument is this: “I can just sell it myself FSBO and save a ton of money!” There are several important things to consider when listing your home, and listing with a licensed real estate agent makes all the sense in the world. It’s no secret, but every homeowner wants pretty much the same things out of a house sale- they want to sell the property (obviously), the want to sell it for the best possible price, they want to sell it with the least amount of hassle and inconvenience, and they want to sell it within a certain time frame. Sound about right?So, why list with a real estate agent?
- Realtors® are trained professionals. You use professionals for many aspects of your life; bankers, builders, repairmen, stockbrokers, educators, etc. Why take a chance when it comes to one of your most important investments? Use a skilled and objective negotiator in what can be an emotionally-charged experience.
- Real estate agents have access to the vast majority of available buyers! According to the National Association of Realtors’ (NAR) 2016 Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends Report, 87% of all buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker.
- Experienced agents, like Cami Jones Collaborative, bring pricing expertise, negotiating skills, and market access to the table- and can often land you a higher selling price as a result. They know the ins and outs of the local market, what it will bear and what the comps are. Pricing right is everything!
- In a hot market like we’re seeing this spring- we are seeing many homes with multiple full-price offers on Day 1. Amid a flurry of activity, you win when you have a professional managing multiple offers and buyers.
- Exposure- you want your home to have maximum exposure to as many potential buyers as possible. This exposure includes professional marketing (online and offline) materials, hosted open houses, and regular communication with buyers’ agents.
Let our team help you! We make the listing process easy and will have you on the road to selling your beautiful home in no time! Give us a call today! You can reach Cami Jones at 913.206.2410.
Don’t just take our word for it, we have received some pretty wonderful comments and testimonials from our clients over the years! We love receiving your feedback, and it helps us to know what we’re doing well (and do more of it!) and also where we need to make adjustments. In the end, it’s all about giving you, our clients, the absolute best home buying or selling experience imaginable. Period. See what your fellow Kansas Citians have to say about #JPA!J.C.: “We love #JPA and love working with Amy Loehr who will hopefully help us find a great new home this year! Our mortgage lender is pretty nice too!”V.C.: “We had the best experience with Gwen…she helped us find the perfect plan and lot for our family, and was there throughout the building process. It helps to have someone so sweet and fun to be around during a sometimes stressful process!”C.M.: “So many wonderful things so say about our experience with JPA. Rebecca Engel Kyger worked so hard during the purchasing of our dream house, we felt like we were her only client! She hand-held us through every step and was always there with recommendations and suggestions when we needed help or got a little lost. Becca and JPA are rockstars!”C.G.: “Rebecca Engel Kyger was a superstar! She went above and beyond selling our house & getting us into our new home. We would highly recommend her and the JP&A team:)”G.D.: “…in an expedited cycle, she found 3 homes that all fit my criteria, including the perfect house for me and my girls. She did an awesome job during the search and all the way through to my eventual purchase and closing.”K.L.: “Thank you #JPA and Mandy Linsin Doull for helping us sell our home and purchase our beautiful new home! Mandy is amazing and made the experience so easy!”C.M.: “#jpa when I’m ready there is no one else I would use. You ladies rock!”C.B.: “We had a great experience! Love Cami Brazil Jones!”R.M.: “We had a great experience with Cami & Jen building our new home! Simple and easy…”Let us put our experience to work for you! Kansas City’s spring housing market is hot and properties are moving fast. We are seeing multiple showings (and offers) on Day 1– so it pays to have an experienced real estate professional on YOUR side! Make your dream a reality and we’ll be there every step of the way. Give any one of us at Cami Jones Collaborative a call today and we’ll get to work! Like our blog? Click here to see past posts on buying, selling, staging tips and much more!